For years, the culture of consumption, of disposables and of planned obsolescence was indicative of being modern. Economic agents knew how to interpret the needs of modern societies and saw constant consumer dissatisfaction as the trigger for continued and excessive consumption.
Currently, the consumption of natural resources already exceeds the planet’s regeneration capacity by 30%, which implies an urgent change in habits and consciousness. The idea that it is better to buy new rather than repair and reuse is a concept from the past.
Conscious consumers must demand the right to repair their equipment, not only for personal and domestic use, but also for industrial use. The bakery and pastry sectors are no strangers to these changes and the demand for repairable and more environmentally friendly equipment has been increasing.
A repairable product is not only a more environmentally friendly product, it is also a more economical product, making it profitable for longer.
At Ferneto, we have always defended the Right to Repair in the equipment we manufacture. We understand it as a means of guaranteeing the continuity of work for our clients, making a return on investment and environmental awareness. These are our guidelines:
- Eco-design – we design equipment that allows quick, economical, and safe repairs; easy replacement of wearing parts, repairability of structural components, with intuitive and safe assembly;
- Standardized and global parts – greater availability and cost reduction.
- Access to parts list and repair manuals – democratization of service;
- Replacement parts safeguard – minimum period 10 years after purchase;
- Fastfer – company in the Ferneto Group that provides specialized services in the reconditioning of equipment and original parts.