In 1986, Carlos Neto, a baker's son, bakery technician and aware of the sector's reality, founded the company Ferneto, in the small town of Vagos, Portugal.
The goal was to provide local bakeries with quality ingredients, alongside with an attentive and personalized service. The daily relationship with customers quickly made possible to know their difficulties and needs. More than ingredients or equipment, Ferneto realized that the market was asking for proximity and dedication.
It was in this context that, in 1990, Ferneto invested heavily in manufacturing and marketing bakery and pastry solutions.
Since then, there have been many challenges that have arisen for us, always surpassed by the unwavering will of the entire team and the permanent collaboration of our customers.
Today, we are a multinational company present in more than 40 countries, but the direction and determination remain the same: to provide reliable, functional and profitable solutions to our customers, integrated in a partnership that respects their values and identity.
- 1986 – Ferneto Distribuição de Produtos para a Indústria Alimentar, Lda;
- 1990 – Ferneto - Máquinas e Artigos para a Indústria Alimentar, Lda (change of activity);
- 1995 – Manufacturing plant I in Zona Industrial de Vagos;
- 1996 – Ferneto Venezuela;
- 1998 – Ferneto Mozambique;
- 2005 – Mitam Angola, Lda;
- 2008 – Fastfer (technical assistance and maintenance);
- 2008 – Ferneto - Máquinas e Artigos para a Indústria Alimentar, SA
(transformation into a public limited company and opening of capital to employees and customers);
- 2011 – Ferneto Angola;
- 2011 – Ferneto Spain;
- 2011 – For Mozambique;
- 2013 – Ferneto Brazil;
- 2018 – Manufacturing plant II in the Zona Industrial de Vagos;
- 2019 – Coolfer, Lda.