On the 11th of March, yet another edition of the Best Folar and Pão-de-Ló was held, organised by ACIP, the Trade and Industry Association for Bakery, Patisserie and Similar Sectors.
This initiative is now being held for the fourth time. Year after year it brings together increasing numbers of patisseries from all over Portugal, who compete in the competition’s different categories.
All in all, around one hundred patisseries prepared samples of their delicacies for the competition’s panel, one of the members of which was Manuel Oliveira, our bakery technician.
Therefore, these are the winners of the IV ACIP Competition “The Best Folar and Pão-de-ló in Portugal”:
- Category Savoury Folar – Prazeres da Terra, Chaves
- Category Pão-de-ló – Flor do Vouga, Águeda
- Category Sweet Folar – Meadagil, Coimbra
- Category Innovation – Pastelaria Pires, Leiria
- Category Moist Pão-de-ló –Pão-de-ló de Ovar Cruz, Ovar
Congratulations to the winners, and to everybody who directly and indirectly participated in this initiative, which raised the profile of the Portuguese bakery sector.
Read other news here.